Monday, February 1, 2010
My experience with Social Studies last semester
Last semester, I was able to work with a 3rd grade GATE class. I did not get to plan and/or teach a social studies lesson, but I was able to observe my teacher doing so during my field work. At the time, the students were learning about the history of the "First Americans". During the lessons, my teacher mainly read books related to the subject and showed maps to the students. Since it was a GATE class, the students also had a GATE project that focused on finding information their heritage. There were no use of technology, other than the fact that computers were available for the students to type or print out picture. Looking back at this, I think that I would definitely introduce the idea of blogging to the class and then have them share and reflect on their heritage and background through blogging (instead of just doing a presentation). By allowing the students to blog about their heritage, they'll be able to learn about uploading pictures and other useful skill through blogging as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment